Thread: ABS Fault !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:41 AM

Sounds like you have had your fair share of trouble to buddy. Thanks for your reply !

My mechanic plugged his snap on diagnostic reader into my car and made me drive the car slowly from standstill. He showed me the four graphs of the four speed sensors and they all looked identical, so I'm assuming that although that's what gave you the most trouble, I don't think that's where my fault lye's. When I turn my ignition on, the two lights in question light up as they should and go off again as they should. But when the car starts moving the come on permanently and have to be reset with the VCDS. So on that note :

1. Could the ABS pump and ecu module combined give my fault ? I assumed that because I could reset the fault lights and they didn't go on again until the car actually started moving that I could rule out an ecu module fault, and ABS pump failure....... I assumed that the lights wouldn't reset if I had those faults. In fact I thought for that very reason I could rule out all of the electrics?

2. Does anyone actually know if the ABS pump does run for a few seconds on start up to allow the ABS module to confirm the pump it's operational ?

I just cant get my head round this, and don't want to spend money unnecessarily until I can satisfy myself I'm working in the right area.

Last edited by Ricky22buk; 22nd December 2015 at 08:45 AM.