Thread: ABS Fault !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky22buk View Post
He showed me the four graphs of the four speed sensors and they all looked identical, so I'm assuming that although that's what gave you the most trouble, I don't think that's where my fault lye's. When I turn my ignition on, the two lights in question light up as they should and go off again as they should. But when the car starts moving the come on permanently and have to be reset with the VCDS. So on that note :

1. Could the ABS pump and ecu module combined give my fault ? I assumed that because I could reset the fault lights and they didn't go on again until the car actually started moving that I could rule out an ecu module fault, and ABS pump failure....... I assumed that the lights wouldn't reset if I had those faults. In fact I thought for that very reason I could rule out all of the electrics?

2. Does anyone actually know if the ABS pump does run for a few seconds on start up to allow the ABS module to confirm the pump it's operational ?

I just cant get my head round this, and don't want to spend money unnecessarily until I can satisfy myself I'm working in the right area.
No mine wasn't any of the abs sensors themselves, it was a combination of the wiring issue and the abs ecu which i ended up changing. the replacement is now heat shielded to hopefully prevent any future issues from heat damaging the soldering in the ecu.

It really does sound to me like you would need to replace the ecu/abs unit, because if the sensors are reading correctly and the wiring is ok (I would still test continuity in case of the issue I highlighted) then it only leaves the pump and ecu combo which may need a speed signal from the wiring and sensors before it shows up the fault that may be inherent in the ecu.

I would get the ecu off the car and send to BBA reman and see if they can test it and fix it personally otherwise you'll be going around in that same circles that I did

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs