View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 09:17 PM

[quote=Lee S;105134]Bollox... The Aux Heater fired up great on the timer but then conked out due to low battery voltage... Baaah !! [/QUOTE

Yes I have found this an issue with the aux heater , I use the car near enough every day but I don't work far away from home , so every morn slow progress in the school traffic and same coming home so the battery does not get a ' deep charge cycle ' and the cold weather takes its toll on the battery over night so I find the aux heater will work ok for a couple of mornings and then knock of due to the battery regulation monitoring safe guard shut down and the 'quiescent current ' fault codes .

I think if your car does get a good run everyday it will be ok , does anyone have any info on the factory system for aux heater that has the extra battery ??
I have already replaced the battery with a Bosch unit better than oe spec but still have issues ..... I have started taking a longer route to work just to give it some charge time ....hehe ,not a bad thing , would be interesting to see how the factory supplied aux heating cars work this out ... maybe use an AGM battery for the aux heater side ??

Lee s ....
Go into battery regulation module , just go through the adaptations ...think it's about group 6 have a look at the s.o.c block ....state of charge percentage , I have found when aux heater shuts down its normally around the 50 % area , the car always starts no problem though even after it has shut it off , if I take the car for a run over an hour or so the s.o.c is back up to 100%