View Single Post
Old 24th January 2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
We have a 4 channel pico , it's a superb scope Im only touching the tip of what's its cable of , there's a great scope forum it's called Auto Nerds .... it's American based so you have put up with , fender , buddy , and muffler a lot but there into it big time .

As for injector testing using an amps clamp with the scope shows you more than the volts and duration wave forms , it shows better how the amps 'push ramp 'is trying to un stick the injector pintle , I'm no expert by any means , you have to use it to learn more .

Going to bore the hell out of you all now , but here's how to tell when you have cambelts jumped or chains stretched or dowel or woodruff keys ' ridden over '

Blue trace is crank shaft sensor pick up on flywheel , normally around 60 teeth segments less the ' missing tooth ' segments that the ecm uses to reference top dead .

The red trace at the top is the square wave ( Hall effect ) from cam sensor , so you are looking for how many teeth from missing tooth segment to cam sensor switch on time .

The brown / yellow trace is the in cylinder pressure transducer , the peak is max pressure in the cylinder , it all looks a bit confusing dun it hehe !!

Cut to the chase here .....this is a crank pulley that has ridden over woodruff key , no taking engine apart , no cam covers off , all diagnosed from ecm wiring multi plugs and of course having scope traces from a good engine which I can source from auto nerds library or other sources .

You all fell asleep now zzzzzzzz hehe !!
Nope still awake, I'll be sure to check out the nerds