View Single Post
Old 6th February 2016, 11:19 AM

Red face

Sounds like the egr vaccum acctuator I think your on about , should it cycle ?? Mmmmm not sure on that ..... I would say no , would of thought it would have a fixed duty cycle at start up .... I could be wrong though .... I digress .....

Just as a test .... un plug the vac pipe off the egr pod and put a bolt in it plug it up , the egr will not work now but for testing purposes at this stage it's ok .

When you switch ignition on or start it up do both the swirl flap motors do a sweep , are plastic rods from the swirl motors connected to the linkage on the inlet manifolds , you normally get codes for swirl flap issues but check any way .

If I remember correctly when at idle the swirl butterfly's will be closed , one side swirl the arm is down , the other side the arm is up .

What I'm thinking here where you say he car seems to run on 4 or 5 cylinders
I'm wondering if one swirl is open and one is closed giving a miss match in air flow per bank giving the missing cylinders feel to the engine , albeit you would think you would lose 3 cyls at a time but some thoughts anyhow

Still carry out the injector tests for the mg/str per injector it may hold a clue , the ohms tests can all be ok but injectors could still have issues , if the injector corrections all show one bank to be on the plus side this is a tell tale to a 'per bank ' issue .

With diag it's a case of ....carry out appropriate tests .... rule out .....move on to next test .....assuming makes a fool of me and you , or the fit parts till the customer runs out of money approach , I see this near enough everyday .....part fitting on the back of code tests .....no follow up testing to prove or dis prove whatever codes are present

Yadder yadder I'm rambling on here aren't I ......... ' computer says noooooo '