View Single Post
Old 26th March 2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Del,
That was the first one I saw and made a note but also needed a relay to fit.
Then spotted the one I have ordered, just lazy on my part.
I was looking at the fuse strips that are already wired with 5 inch wires. There were four way and six way. Each was split into two banks, so two inputs and four or six outputs. No attached relay but my thought was fuses available for 30 as well as 15.
Then realised that I only needed one for a DVD player.

An afterthought, have reread your previous comments.
Have you disconnected the black/yellow from the parking aid controller and connected that to the relay coil, then supplied the parking aid controller from one of the new fuses?
I was planning on just tapping from the black/yellow to the relay coil because that would not be a big increase of load.

Have you seen this:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1219309675...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I have used a couple on different buses with great success.
I didn't do that Ray but its not a bad idea.

They way mine is done and if you refer back to the photos you will see what I mean.

The Parking module is supplied by a 5 amp circuit to A1, from there tapped off is the blue wire, that has been fed through a fuse and from there to the coil of the relay to switch the relay.

Its a 7.5 amp fuse at present but i intend to drop that to 1 amp as soon as i can in order to protect the feed to the parking module should the relay short out.

The relay is fed from the heavy red cable that feeds the the other fuse panel and is a large current rating so again needs to be fused at a rating above your total demand.

So thats two fuses before you even think about the circuit your going to power.

Hence the three fuse relay that i showed you, I tried to find the unit in my car as its expandable but have yet to find it.