View Single Post
Old 1st April 2016, 04:57 PM

Default A little update

Well its been 783 days since I started this thread and today I finally got round to calibrating the camera

Rome wasn't built in a day, and if it were I the king of procrastination that was left to building it, it probably would never have been done.

So anyway using the instruction posted a page or two back I set about setting up my blue peter calibration board with the aid of a couple of tape measures a straight edge and a laser.

I placed the straight edge behind the two rear wheels, then using the laser positioned on the centre of the rear wheel I got a measurement of 190 from the back edge of the straight edge.

Then laid the two tapes out from the straight edge behind the car and laid blue peter special over the tapes, then using the laser placed in the middle of the target aligned it in the centre of the car and made sure the distances were equal both sides.

I settled on 1500mm as it was easy to read on the tape.

Then it was just a matter of following the instructions and waiting for the calibration to complete, it done it first time with no buggering around but to be honest other than the fact the error is no longer present in the scan its made little difference.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3793.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	477.2 KB
ID:	12926