View Single Post
Old 12th November 2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
Hello Atomic Tom .

Yes follow through some of the tests already mentioned , Matthews next step with the new pump will be the tell tale .

I've never done the thing with propane myself , I normally do vaccum checks and use a smoke pro machine for finding manifold leaks , I'm assuming the vaccum line that you are feeding it in is only a small pipe ? If so its probably just not taking in the volume to affect it so much

Here's the daddy for manifold leaks ....hehe
Not a small pipe, in fact the "Hose to Nowhere" connected to 1/2"ID fuel line connected to a regulator set to max on a 30lb propane tank! Some think I fried the O2 sensors, but I told them you crazy *******s convert the cars to run on propane instead of "petrol". I do not think they believed me.
Re the "SmokeDaddy"; I've seen (less elegant-looking) testers in that style built on youtube and had considered that option; however I do occasionally smoke cigars and thought this would be a good excuse to have one... except I've had a cold for a couple weeks, and prior to that my times to experiment (smoke) are limited because I don't want my young kids to see me smoking anything...

How much pressure do you find necessary to find a leak? I'm guessing 20 PSI couldn't hurt. I can only blow about 2PSI IIRC from elementary school. Still worth a try. What I lack in presssure I make up for in volume (TWSSLN). Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks again.