View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
Hello Matthew , the fueling trims are much closer to where they want to be now .
I would of thought for the loss of mpg the brakes would have to be sticking a fair bit but any dragging brakes will not help .
When you do the job give the brake pad hangers a good fileing get rid of all the rust so the pads fit nice , when you use vcds to open the rear calipers in basic settings the Pistons should be able to be pushed back quite freely ...check for corrosion behind the piston rubbers , same with fronts the Pistons should be able to be pushed back easy enough , sometimes the pads can get really tight in the hanger so as the disc warms up the bind gets more progressive .
Thanks. I didn't get chance to do the brakes over the weekend but I did have the wheels off. They're definitely wearing unevenly so this won't be helping things but I don't think this is the main cause of my MPG problems. To cause the drop in MPG I'm getting, I think the wheels would be very hot after any journey, but they're just slightly warm.

I did another test with my vacuum gauge last night. It seems to sit at around 17HgIn with a slight fluctuation. (Video attached).

Does this give any clues? From what I've read online about interpreting vacuum readings, this could point towards an ignition related problem. (Or possibly bad cam timing but this would seem to cause a much lower drop in vacuum to around 10HgIn).

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 A8_Vac_Gauge.mp4 (8.26 MB, 276 views)