Thread: S8
View Single Post
Old 5th March 2017, 11:02 AM

Morning Lads
Apologies I am slow with the pictures
Weather is rubbish and what pictures I have Photbucket is living up to it's name and crashing out every time I change something so these may be too big, mods feel free to resize
Great to have a Petrol V8 back in my daily life, I have a couple of old v8 classics but nothing puts a smile on your face for the start of a day than that burst of sound when you press the start button
That said I was genuinely sad to say goodbye to the V8d sport one of the best all round cars I have owned and lord knows I have had a few
Strange thing is, and you probably won't believe this, the insurance for the S8 was very slightly less that the V8d it is a group lower work that one out

Here is another from the grand reveal at the dealers

Interior

Frontal jobbie

Rear end

Outside on a sunny day in Swansea Dealer was very good put us up in a local Hotel overnight to collect her so we had a decent night out before and were ready bright and early for the grand unveiling

Hope you like her chaps, it has been a goal of mine to have one of these and I kept putting it off for various reasons. The shove in the back is addictive, whereas with the V8d you had a wave of torque this is a relentless surge of power and with this noise cancelling it is very quiet except for the roar from the exhaust. Really deceivingly quick and before you know it you are at warp 5 scotty
Paintwork is superb this is a real black black, if you know what I mean and I can't wait to get stuck in and give her a thorough detailing. Whilst the dealers polish them up this lifeshine is rubbish inmho and she will soon be properly paint corrected and sealed them coated in some decent wax. I was tempted to have it done but I do enjoy doing them myself just need a decent day so I can pop the oldies out on the drive and get her in the garage for some serious love
Cheers Glyn
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012