View Single Post
Old 17th March 2017, 04:58 PM

I thought I had checked them all, but probably not, as i had only checked 4 locations- left and right front dash, pkus left and right boot alcoves. Where are the rest?

BEm is H12 0550, which looks like the latest version. I realise that it is a smart system, but sometimes after a long drive im sure I have even seen the voltage drops below 12.6v, so Im trying to establish whats "normal" behaviour.

I had a look at the measuring block today after charging overnight followed by 25 miles driving and at idle, the BEM is reporting positive current flow between 2A to 10A, dropping to -14A with the engine off. Interestingly the requested voltage was over 14v, but the battery voltage was 13.7v.

Ive spoken to an audi mastertech friend and hes offered to monitor it over a few days with a scope to see if he can see anything

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain