Thread: Speeding fines
View Single Post
Old 25th April 2017, 07:34 PM

Thumbs down Enthusiasts need "Idiot Control" as much as Joe Public imho

Hi,

Small rant.

Idiots spoil my fun. PC Plod is NOT looking well enough for spiffing / drinking / kids-in-car / racing other young drivers (not all at once! ) .

IMHO there is an over-reliance on tech to trap speed without context, trivial, easily proved errors like unpaid road-tax but not reckless driving.

Allow me to share....

I was On The Bench for several years; a Magistrate. The worst speeding case I heard was punished less severely than I wanted but still big fine and ban.

I wasn't angered by the speed (123 mph), or where it happened (M1, up hill, straight road, no history of accidents) or even the (spit!) BMW M3 that did the deed...

It was the context. F&£*ing Rush hour. Friday. Not 2 am. Not Bank Holiday Monday.

Driver was a Knob, with bells on. If ever I meet up with you folks at an Oners Club Bash I'll share the defences put forward. Shameful and insulting imho.

Not sitting as a Magistrate anymore, was a privilege but maybe I was a too bothered and got bored with being "summoned to the Office " to explain myself .

Wasn't drummed out or owt, just realised doing things "to the Guidelines" was far more restrictive than I imagined...

Miss it though.

Robert