View Single Post
Old 26th May 2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
If you do find someone who might be willing to do it, print out the instructions from the US forum and ask them to confirm they can do it.

There was someone in the D2 section who was also having issues getting the coolant sensor removed after removing the clip, but it seemed seized in place. I'm not a mechanic, and I don't know the consequences, but what if you removed the securing clip and then turned the engine over (not starting it). Being a pressurised system, would it be enough to force the sensor out? Apart from losing a little water, and ensuring you have something above the sensor to stop it taking flight, it's a possibility.

I don't know, so please don't try it unless someone more mechanically minded could clarify it.
Ha. I did try, even I go step further, from a week I am driving without that security clip and nothing happens. Got Idea to cut out power from radiator and allow water to go up to more 90° as then pressure in cooling system should go up to high level, maybe then sensor will go out like a bullet from a gun.