View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:50 PM

It was the 1.8TFSI engined A4 B8 S-Line, in silver too, much more civilised than the TDi. My Mrs hated the S-Line because she could feel every bump in the road. I thought that it was a much more responsive and communicative drive and cornered far better than the TDi.

Strangely enough, the Mrs was yelling in a terrified manner in the A4, much to my puzzlement, especially when I explained when I took the same bends some 30 - 40mph faster in the S8, she doesn't moan...... just can't win...

As you say MA8tey, the A4 (S-Line) feels solid & nicely built, and is pretty comfortable once you're in it (with the seat at the bottom of its travel!) and is quite an engaging drive on the local 'twisties'.

Anyway I got the 8 back this evening, and promptly went out and put on 60 miles to bed the brakes in (well that's my excuse ) around the local lanes and beaches.
They had to get a couple of new exhaust brackets as well, I was quite pleased with the cost as they'd done the front discs & pads, 2 seals on the transfer box and it came to just over £560, about £100 less than I was anticipating.
I was not disappointed, no more oily stench, and the car is significantly quieter at the front end.

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!

Last edited by Night Train; 2nd July 2010 at 11:01 PM.