View Single Post
Old 19th August 2017, 02:19 PM

The item circled in the pic is a DRV ...it's part of the high pressure rail assembly, the IMV is on the high pressure pump .

To do a proving test on the pump ideally you need to either take control of imv duty or 'dead head ' the pump , cap off all injectors , disable drv , this is so you are taking away all the routes that the pressure can escape from , we use a pressure block here with an extra rail pressure sensor in it so we can confirm the cars own rail pressure sensor is reading correctly and also the block had a safety blow off valve that lets the pressure off when it gets to 2000 bar !!

Taking the submerged pump out of the tank sounds a big faff , plus the a8 has a saddle tank so it will have a suction jet assembly for tank level equalisation....to much to be messing with at this point .

You could do spills without any fancy gear , just check one injector at a time , a good one does not really spill so much and bad one squirts everywhere, you tube injector spills ...loads of vids showing you what it's about .

I think from what we know up to now with slow cranking over and lack of gear to rule out the other items I think chasing down the slow cranking is the best pathway for now , could you post up a vid of it cranking over so I can hear it cranking over .