View Single Post
Old 7th November 2017, 03:22 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
i'm wondering in buying them isn't the better route, even if that's with BTC as it seems the ubiquotious coin EVERYWHERE for transfer etc

It's a definate journy. Also to note that whilst i was going to put the GPU rig in my server room at home, it's quite nice with this cold spell in my living room and with the TV on you can't hear it
It is pretty neat to think you're earning while heating the house. At worst you'll cover the electricity costs, effectively paying nothing for your heating; at best you'll make a good profit, paid in cryptocurrencies that may appreciate further in value. I've almost got enough miners running to keep the entire house fairly warm right now, but I think I'll need a few more for the colder months.

You're right though about simply investing in cryptocurrencies. It can certainly be the simpler route. Personally I do both and I re-invest (or 'hold') anything I earn from mining.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust