View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 03:09 PM

Depends what size is suitable Sergey - the 4 cylinder lumps are pretty mundane mostly, but if fuel usage around town is in any way a factor then they certainly are worth a look.

Skoda Octavia vRS estate is the width of a Golf but has rear legroom not dissimilar to the A8 (just much tighter to get that 3rd person the rear bench!). They also come in a number of funky colours - kermit green is my favourite, as is the distinctive blue. £10k will net you a leggy 4 yr old one - £13k a minter with low miles

If fuel is less of an issue than the S4 avant with the supercharged engine is a decent option. I'd steer clear of a manual on tax and driving experience grounds. I can't recall the revs at motorway speed, but I'm pretty sure that even at 100mph it's less than 3k rpm in 7th gear. I'd try and get a late 2010 on example, or one that's had an s-tronic box. They changed the gearbox oil filtration system and reliability is much improved. Our S5 has had one gearbox service and there's no cambelt to change. It's getting a supercharger and aux belt next week as a precaution at 58k miles. They make excellent motorway cars.

Unfortunately cooking versions of larger cars are almost entirely diesel fuelled at that age/price point

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC