View Single Post
Old 14th June 2018, 08:24 AM

Should look like this on the D3 unless I'm mistaken? A barely noticeable blue film between the two window panes.

Climbing into a luke warm car instead of a boiling hot sauna is quite accurate.

Solar sunroof on the other hand I am not a huge fan of. I think it's OK for a few minutes blowing the cool air conditioned air into the cabin, but if the car has been in the sun for a while, all it does is blow the hot outside air into the cabin, not aided by the big hot engine taking its time to cool. I do wonder if it makes any difference leaving the sunroof tilted up?

I've got UV glass, solar sunroof and blinds, and when combined I must admit the benefit is noticeable. (Was tinted glass available on top of the UV-reflective glass??)

I was driving S-Class's for work for years which had Merc's infrared-reflective glass spec'd (evidenced by a very noticeable blue tint on side windows, as below) and it's a step above Audi's. You never ever felt your arms warming up in the sun

There is one big downside of course, phone signal is crap, and forget about getting a data signal unless you have the window open a few inches.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8