View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 05:16 PM

Three posts to say you think its a bad deal I shared as I thought someone may be interested, clearly you are not that someone

It's a PCP, not a lease - so the mileage will only make a difference to the total cost if you throw the car back after 4 years, otherwise the GFV reducing just reduces your final payment. Options will be attributed across the cost of the PCP - correct, so they will be interest free also.

As for the "is anyone that stupid" - yes they are. They sell cars like that all day long, to some people.

I took out an options PCP deal on a Q7 last week, gave me a 24 month warranty FOC at 10.9% APR - would have only cost me £8k over three years, if I hadn't withdrawn on day 1 of the term at a total cost of £8.10 (which given I have 30 days to make payment, and I keep the warranty, is not bad in my book)

Anyway, my original post stands - if you want to by a £69K D5, you can get one for £46k and pay over four years at no additional cost. You can also add options to the interest free loan, if you are so inclined. But no-one is forcing you Sarg.

The bigger implication for me is the impact on used values - but you don't own an A8 (and as of this week I won't either, so let's not get too stressed