View Single Post
Old 4th September 2018, 02:16 PM

Default Fixed Price Service

Got caught out this morning and landed up doing Grandfather duties . . .taking kids to school . . . twice.
During the second run it was raining and the wipers were noisy, a loud click at the end of the outward movement. The noise seemed to be the rubber changing direction on the screen.
So I rang Warrington Audi and tried to arrange a fixed price wiper blade change. The young lady stated that they would have to change some filters. So after a rather pregnant pause I thought it best to politely clarify my request i.e. I only wanted the blades changing. She then realised her error, quoted £42 which is what I expected and arranged a time that it could be done. The time arranged gave me five minutes spare to get there which was pretty cool; I was about ten minutes away.
Arrived and was greeted with a smile and a cuppa, good start. Another young woman took charge of me and suggested that I went to the parts department to purchase new wipers and she would organise someone to fit them for free. I explained that I wanted to partake of the free safety check which she accommodated me with saying “ I was trying to save you time and money” and warned me it would take a couple of hours. It was a really good feeling being able to reply that time was of no concern and that the cuppa was worth repeating.
It took a couple of hours during which I was treated to (by a very nice young lady) a few cups of tea, biscuits and very pleasant chats. You all know I am not averse to a good chat!!!
They sent me an email containing a video of the fitter checking and reporting on two advisories:-
1. Wear on both front tyres
2. 75% wear on front brake pads and disc wear.(£825)
They also reported that the starter motor intermittently sticks when starting the engine. (£1407.06)
Total cost was £42, I must have drunk that much in tea, and the car was vacuumed and washed.
Big difference was the silence of the wipers, even when switched on.
As I left two of the young ladies grabbed me and made me suffer from kisses and cuddles.
Best £42 worth ever. Suddenly I am rather partial to the stealers. At my indie I get cuppas, man hugs but no kisses.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)