Thread: Little B***ards
View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:50 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Thanks guys.

I'm planning to phone the garage/bodyshop tomorrow to get it booked in, hopefully in plenty of time to have it ready for the trip down to Cornwall.

Agreed about Connor, although he was a young adult by the time I met him. For all I know he might have been a complete [insert preferred expletive here] when he was a kid

Either way, he's a credit to you Brian and it's always great to see him at the meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
My kids are still quite young so I have not experienced the problem but from what I heard from friends and colleagues they cannot even give them a good spanking without kids complaining at school or telephone helpline and getting social services involved and potentially loosing kids. I am not saying that spanking or any other physical punishment is an answer to all questions but at some points it's the best way to get the message accross.
It was still common to receive a few whacks from the cane or 'slipper' when I was at school. It was a bit of an outdated practice even then (~30 years ago) but I went to an 'old school' grammar school that practised old-fashioned discipline. You certainly never did anything wrong twice and we all turned out ok, I think.

Slipper and cane might be a bit OTT/extreme but I think punishment has now reached the other extreme (ie none). There has to be some middle-ground, even Homer knows that ...

------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust