View Single Post
Old 29th December 2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
No, it shouldn't leak fuel from there. If it does, the internal diaphragm is split or perished and it should be replaced.
Oh well. It won't hurt me to take the covers off again. I will be expert at that soon! I did not check whether the fuel was leaking out of the top port, but I can definitely say that there is no fuel smell after having reconnected the vacuum to the FPR. That probably means that it is leaking from there and that I will have to get a new FPR. I will check that tomorrow.

Quote:
Manifold vacuum acts on the back of the diaphragm in conjunction with the spring to ensure that there is a constant 4 bar across the injectors relative to the inlet manifold, rather than atmosphere (1 bar already).

I get easily mixed up about how it goes wrong without it connected - I think it runs lean, but I'd have to look it up to be sure. The ecu can compensate to an extent with the O2 sensors.
Thanks for the extra information. Always learning something new! I took the car for a good drive this afternoon (about 100km). Hopefully the ECU will have readjusted to the reconnected port. I can't say that I noticed any difference to how it performed on the drive.

I've put about 2,500km on the clock since I've owned the vehicle - mostly joy riding - and it certainly has been a joy! Some of the most enjoyable km's that I have ever driven in a vehicle! I am loving this S8!!