View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 08:10 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

I really appreciate the time and expertise that you guys are giving me!

Even if I don’t understand half of it!

Yes, when buying music, I’m still a CD man - I still miss the fabulous artwork that you got with an LP; not to mention the sleeve notes.

And I’m not sure that I want to ‘stream’ music - I just have all my iTunes music in MP3 format on my phone and want to play it on the car stereo.

But, if I can do that with big enough SD cards (I have something more than 20GB) then that would be great, as that gives the on-screen info that I’d like, that the iPod dock appears to lack.

So, the SD card that didn’t seem to work was a Sharpen brand 8GB, 10 MB/S with a symbol that looks like a backwards or upside down ‘@‘ symbol (like a 6 in a circle). What spec should I be looking for?

And where do I find ‘firmware’?

BTW, if any of you guys ever needs expert advice in the field of medical technology, especially microbial genetics or genetic manipulation, I’m your man!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).