View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The D2 and C5 A6 will log the same fault in certain conditions, and it puts the ESP on and the engine in reduced power mode when it happens. I've had the issue in both - an incorrectly adjusted switch in the S8, and a faulty switch in the A6. The A6 uses the same ratchet-type switch as the D3.

It might be worth removing the switch, reset the mechanism and reinstall before chasing wiring issues.
Thanks Mikki, I’ve just completed that. Removed switch, pulled out actuator and then refitted switch. 6-mile test drive all ok until same fault detected again😕. This really looks to be an circuit issue the controller is detecting, with the fault detected at a random time that I press the brake.

What is odd is that I can press the brake many times while driving Over several miles with no issue then the fault would occur with ESP and ABS and sometimes Parking brake failure lights illuminating.

The same fault code every time: 00526 - Brake Light switch (F)
008 - implausible signal - intermittent.

When I reset the fault code all is well again for several miles again, with many braking presses until randomly the fault occurs again... I checked the connector and wiring connectors - all ok. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,