View Single Post
Old 9th October 2020, 06:19 PM

Default Another TPMS thread

Had a good read through the other threads but most of them seem unfinished or inconclusive.

Yesterday, my pressure warning light came on so I checked the TPMS display and the values were all in orange instead of green. The figures seemed a bit on the low side (maybe 1 PSI) but overall OK. I decided to top them up to make sure, they were fine. Back in the car, the DIS warning is still on so I re-initialised the tyres. Since then, the DIS warning has gone but the figures no longer display, just a dash on the screen even though it is green. The spare has always shown this since I bought the car and never checked if it actually has a sensor in it or not although the spare seems to be new.

So, VCDS out and all sensors are showing 0 months and no voltage. I can't see how they would all have died at the same time. There is no error in VCDS and it connects to the control unit fine. I will check the fuse tomorrow too, I am in the process of locating it. Is it time for new sensors? I've been looking for alternatives as ETKA shows them as £106 each.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder