View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 09:38 AM

Personally I (being old school) would always get a landline phone anyway, if only as backup when mobile services fail. Then you can at least try the broadband and as noted above cancel it if it's useless.

It's not clear what FTTC coverage is like in that area, only BT will know as and when you place an order...….

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Surely you'd never see copper from a residential house direct to the exchange.
I don't know where you live, but round here I'd say most people are that, me included, even though we have FTTC cabinets and Virgin cable available for most of the exchange.

I'm about 1km as the crow flies from the exchange (cable route is longer) and get about 20mbps.
Our FTTC cabinet is actually much nearer the exchange than our house so though it would be faster it's not worth upgrading.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 12th November 2020 at 09:42 AM.