View Single Post
Old 13th November 2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
I get all that

But I'll wager your copper connection still goes via a cabinet to your home, Openreach are not in the habit of direct cabling everyone to the exchange.

I also work from home and found the 5G GigaCube as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I've just been through this whole process, within the last few days and weeks, I'm giving an up to date view of what I found.

As for the neighbour, Netflix in HD will run on pretty much anything, Netflix are very clever with their caching and buffering, I found the exact same thing.

I think mobile broadband is the future, but it ain't there yet
Thanks for your input/warnings sarg. Its good to hear the other side to the coin
My present house has direct copper to exchange as we are so close (<200M) and so we were initially by passed by the new cabinets. We were limited to standard broadband until this September when we got fast BB (60Mb).
The new house has overhead lines going up the lane from a point where it emerges from the ground so its hard to know which cabinet is feeding it. There's potentially 7 properties being fed by the copper line but its hard to tell as it goes underground at the last pole and then emerges at the side of my house. I think you are right in saying go for a line and try that first. At least I know the pros and cons now whereas before i was in the dark.