View Single Post
Old 26th November 2020, 08:25 PM

Exclamation ,

Indeed...been quite a year. I still don’t have my sense of smell back, and my cardiac MRI also showed up severe scarring on the back of my left lung from the pneumonia. Weirdly, I didn’t have the dry cough or breathlessness at all... I am now part of a national study group on the whole Long COVID thing.

And keep in mind that I am very fit and healthy... I cycle 100+km a week, run 2 or 3 times a week, and row 10km a couple of times a week... I’m not yet 50, have a resting heart rate in the mid 40s, low blood pressure, completely clear arteries, and an ‘elite’ level VO2 max (for those that know what that is...)

I am mildly asthmatic, but bizarrely that’s what kept me out of hospital, because I practice deep breathing exercises regularly.

So...please don’t get complacent. Don’t catch it. I know this Christmas is going to be a bit sh*t, but so what? Protect your families, and celebrate next year once you have all been vaccinated.

Yes, having 8.4 litres, 16 cylinders and 700+PS on the drive is a nice distraction...

...Excluding the wife’s car.

Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust