View Single Post
Old 1st December 2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I remove the spring and damper to ease access to the pipes, especially the little bracket to the body, per this pic:
Ah that little bracket to the body. I remember now.

Just not enough room to get in there through/behind the spring with any combination of 3/8" or 1/4" ratchets and extensions. And then the rusty bolts snapped. Again, I was lucky enough to have a spare to clean up and refit. Think I eventually got through the spring with one of those twisty, flexible 3/8" extensions. Yes, nightmare, so I can see why removing stuff would likely be quicker and less stressfull than trying to work around it all in limited space.

I still found the wee bolt to the rack the most infuriating, I think. At least the bracket to the body you can SEE that it's not working out. Hate working on stuff you think might be working okay, only to discover it isn't.

Your refurbed replacements look great, are good value and I'm sure we'd all here agree that the quality and longevity will be as described. As I said, at the time, I unfortunately had no other option other than to go to AT. Would much rather have paid someone on the forum rather than AT and their horrendous anti-order system.

Cheers,

Gregor

2009 A8 4.2 FSi LWB - Marine Blue - 164k miles. Extras? Too many to list. But I do like the Rear Seat Entertainment . . . . . .

477k miles to the moon and back. 238k to go and between them they'll have made it!