View Single Post
Old 16th December 2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The funky dual exhaust was made in one single piece and was a bit of a bugger to remove

and unfortunately tore apart under its own weight Not sure what I'm going to do about this at the moment, but I'll probably cut it in to sections and join them with sleeve clamps, then weld this back together.
Unfortunately quite a common issue with stainless systems - had one made up on my bit of French tat, which is notorious for having no support between the exquisite 8-2-1 manifold flexi joint and the mid box, which lives just behind the back seat! Fabricator managed to create an additional mount using some of those cotton reel style rubber bushes and some spare holes in a bracket hanging under the front seats.

Mine has one sleeved joint half way along to aid removal

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC