View Single Post
Old 19th March 2021, 02:02 PM

If you're considering it, I'd get it professionally applied with a guarantee (which usually involves getting them back to inspect and top up on an annual basis)

Our Golf had a new car paint correction and ceramic coating by a GTechniq dealer, which is warranted to the purchaser for 7 years, and it's still doing something even now the car is 6 years old. It's not transferable, so I've not had the inspection/top up as we're the 2nd owners, but it does make the car easier to keep clean.

The important thing with ceramic coating is that the surface it's applied to needs to be spotless, and ideally you want it as blemish free as possible otherwise you're just covering imperfections. Ceramics have got easier to apply, but I'd certainly want it doing indoors in a controlled environment (temperature and humidity) so it cures properly.

Given what you've spent on the RS I would defo do it

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC