View Single Post
Old 29th April 2021, 10:57 PM

Default What led you to your '8?

In my case it was - in the first instance - not an Audi at all, but a Lexus LS, when a work colleague picked me up at O'Hare Airport in late '90s in his immaculate LS400. I couldn't believe the quality, quietness and comfort of it, which piqued my interest in "luxobarges" (although I hate that term!).

Three or four years later, that interest morphed from Lexus to Audi (predictably...) when I saw Ronin in 2002, and another six years later - after looking at loads and loads of D2s - I ended up with Herman, and have never regretted that choice.

However, I still have a soft spot for the big Lexus though, and this new Jay Emm review:

https://youtu.be/tLxpYEVe8uA

of the 600Lh brought back all of the charms of this lovely limo - as well as him giving a little nod to the S8 over the Merc and BMW

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.