View Single Post
Old 12th June 2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmason View Post
I managed to re-engague the torx. The key (sorry about the pun) was holding the handle out in the fully open position (used a fibre cloth) in order to get the alignment right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMglDa-dWxM
Sorry for my late response. I ended up to get my car to dealership where they replaced the sensor. They also faced some problems and it took almost 3 hours to get the job done.

It's great that you found the solution to this problem. I think that I should have been trying to re-engage the torx similar way as you did. Hopefully your video helps others when struggling with the rear door torx screw.

Last month my front right door sensor got broken and keyless entry was not working anymore. I replaced it according the instructions in this thread and now it's working again. I had to use a thin steel wire (fishing line would also work) to pull the door opening mechanism behind the counterpart of the handle when putting it back into its place. After that the refitting was easy. Still I think that the front door sensor is a bit easier to replace than rear door sensor.