View Single Post
Old 24th February 2022, 09:07 PM

I haven't used them before, but choices are very limited for the D2 S8 these days and these were the best standard option. The quality looks very good tbh - they are coated on the hub and in the vents so hopefully shouldn't go rusty, although no coating on the back. The friction surface is nicely ground so should bed the pads in quickly. I always use TRW pads in the Brembo calipers as for some reason they are the only pads I've found which actually fit the caliper. Every other brand I've tried is too large and needs the edges grinding down, but the TRWs go straight in, no messing.

Mudflap scar on the lower trim:

Gone

New AC drier

Front panel on, fluids in, and running again

The engine was very reluctant to start since the fuel rail and injectors were completely dry, and I think the injectors might have been a little sticky from lack of use (these are from my grey S8's original engine). It refused to start at all for a while, behaving as if there was no fuel pressure, then started up on 3 cylinders, then the others came to life as the engine warmed up. Once it was up to temperature it was running just fine, but it did have me worried for a while! Lesson learned - get the injectors cleaned if they have been sitting around for a long time.

Slightly short on pics today as I've been rushing to get the FE moveable as a friend's TT's clutch died the other day I have to get the FE off the lift so I can fix the TT which is not going to be a pleasant job - the 1.8T engine is so crammed in to the tiny engine bay and has a ludicrous amount of plumbing. The D2 V8 is a joy to work on by comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	489.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	27943   Click image for larger version

Name:	490.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	27944   Click image for larger version

Name:	491.jpg
Views:	432