View Single Post
Old 13th March 2022, 08:55 PM

Thanks Ronin, I have the camber bolts already on order (I saw your old post about them) – as you say, they are not very expensive.

And thanks MikkiJayne; with regard to the subframe, are you saying you would probably just keep the bushes as they are and save on the £200 odd for the poly bushes and hassle of removing them? That sounds like a good option to me if so! The existing bushes do not seem particularly bad. For reference, the car has 123K on it…

You note the Bilsteins ride okay on 20s – would they likely be okay on 18s too? I have a set of both, but haven’t really used the 20s yet (they have terrible tyres on them, and I have not got round to replacing them yet; I put good tyres on the 18s after getting them refurbed, and they also feel a bit safer with the potholed roads up here!).

That would just leaves the diff bushes. It looks like I have three options:

1. Get you to do the rear bushes and just keep the existing front bush (do they tend to go?; it has a fair bit of movement when you leaver it with a big screwdriver – I could post a video?)
2. Get you to do the rear bushes and get a poly bush for the front.
3. Get the poly bushes for the front and rear.

What would you be likely to do (not worrying about any cost differences)…?!

It looks like fitting the bushes will be a bit of an experiment then. I have done plenty of that before, so will report back!

Scott