View Single Post
Old 31st May 2022, 10:08 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
Had a good read through the other threads but most of them seem unfinished or inconclusive.

Yesterday, my pressure warning light came on so I checked the TPMS display and the values were all in orange instead of green. The figures seemed a bit on the low side (maybe 1 PSI) but overall OK. I decided to top them up to make sure, they were fine. Back in the car, the DIS warning is still on so I re-initialised the tyres. Since then, the DIS warning has gone but the figures no longer display, just a dash on the screen even though it is green. The spare has always shown this since I bought the car and never checked if it actually has a sensor in it or not although the spare seems to be new.

So, VCDS out and all sensors are showing 0 months and no voltage. I can't see how they would all have died at the same time. There is no error in VCDS and it connects to the control unit fine. I will check the fuse tomorrow too, I am in the process of locating it. Is it time for new sensors? I've been looking for alternatives as ETKA shows them as £106 each.
So I’ve been through this issue recently. Replaced my two front tyres and so also replaced both front TPMS sensors with typical eBay ones - all rubbish!!
Subsequently I Found these folks ‘TPMS Warehouse’ on the internet with excellent results. For the 2006 S8 d3 the OEM (Huf/Beru) part number is RDE001 and the sensors are supplied pre calibrated and tested - excellent vendor: £172,80 for both fronts.
Fitted you need to initialise and go for a drive and I did a 20mm motorway drive and initialised perfectly - tyre pressures and temperatures perfect now
https://tpmswarehouse.co.uk/