View Single Post
Old 4th June 2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nognar View Post
Well I did not mean to buy it honest

I like many on this great forum have had many D2s over the years, I was just running the S8 and a couple of other cars when this one appeared on eBay and looked too good to ignore.

2002 2.8 QS, First owner 20 years with a inch thick stack of Audi invoices looking after the car every year without fail. Cam belts, Engine services, gearbox services etc all done and I picked it up with just 63k on the clock.

Its a good one hence I purchased it a couple of weeks ago, nice spec also with Alcantara Recaros with Factory 20" wheels, Bose and Solar Roof etc.

Couple of jobs to do as always, needs some Lamdas and the Airbag ECU is playing up. Quick question on that, I think the Airbag ECU is under the Climate unit bolted to the central tunnel, so can you get to it by just removing the Radio and Climate Unit or is more work needed?
Good man. A 2.8 QS was my original plan, but then Ian offered me Herman . If I had space and time for a 5th car, I'd probably be interested in one of these...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.