View Single Post
Old 28th December 2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
So which car is going to be completed first?
The pfl S8 or your dash swap S8? (I think I can guess the answer )
Hopefully the PF will be finished first. The dash swap will probably happen after Spa, since I don't want to add any extra weight before that

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Our Audis are good at doing that. Was gobsmacked at the state of the shocks, ARB and subframes...and then I saw the handle internals. Did it go swimming in the sea?
Sat unloved, possibly on grass, in Scotland for six years. Surprisingly, the seats are still fine, as is the paint so it hasn't been covered in leaves or moss. It just hasn't moved or been used.

Didn't get much done today other than ordering a pair of hinges for the driver's rear door from Prestige, and sorting out the driver's side rear caliper.

The caliper appeared to be seized, but after a bit of poking it turned out the piston was a bit too extended because the pads were nearly gone and so had just got stuck.

Pushing it back in started it moving and then it freed up nicely so I stuck one of the old discs from my S8 on it, as they barely have a ten thousand miles on them, and a new pair of pads. I'll do the other side when I can move it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	025.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	29152   Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	29153