View Single Post
Old 1st January 2023, 10:13 PM

Angry Climate Change

Here's an interesting (to me) link on the interesting website dailysceptic.org:

"There's is no climate change emergency"

And another website that I find interesting to digest is expose-news.com.
They often like to provide a statistical analysis on official data, whilst backing up their claims, findings and opinions with links to official governmental and institutional sites.
A typical article on climate change psychology is here for example:

"Covid PsyOps Are Now Being Used for Climate Change"

I encourage anyone to read the many interesting articles on such sites to see what alternative views are out there. You may not believe them. They may not fit in with your view of the world. They may not even be true!
But no matter what you think about "climate change deniers", "anti-vaxxers", "conspiracy theorists" or any other term that has been woven into our vernacular to deliberately belittle others who oppose a governmental narrative, I encourage you to ask yourself the question "why aren't these topics/views/official data/statistics/scientific facts from experts etc. debated or challenged in detail on the sites, channels or newspapers that I use to form my own opinions?".
You may come to the conclusion that it's because it's all BS.
Or you may come to the conclusion that it's rather odd that you've not heard of such opinions in detail before. Like someone is keeping something from you.
Who knows how you interpret it. It's a rhetorical question anyway.

I've no interest in debating or trying to change anyone's opinion on climate change or any other of the divisive topics in today's society.
But I will say that after many years of looking at (what I believe to be) both sides of the fence, I'm confident that the majority of the population, with their reliance on the typical TV news and so-called newspapers, are blissfully unaware of what's really going on in the world. Just an opinion.

And I'm sorry to say that Google isn't your friend. And hasn't been for a very long time.
None of the major tech platforms are. Read about the Twitter Files (or maybe you haven't)?
During the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Sustainable Development Impact Meetings recently, the unelected globalists held a panel on “Tackling Disinformation” where participants from the UN, CNN, and Brown University discussed how to best control narratives.

Melissa Fleming, Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications at the United Nations, highlighted that the UN had partnered with several big tech companies, including TikTok and Google, to control COVID and climate narratives while claiming, “We own the science.”

“We own the science, and we think that the world should know it, and the platforms themselves also do” — Melissa Fleming

See it, with opinion, here
Is that what you want when you search for something? Collusion to shape your thoughts?
Do you want to search for something or someone controversial only to be inundated with negative hit-pieces or so-called Fact Checkers trying to suspiciously debunk or obfuscate what you're trying to do a deep-dive on?
Or would you rather have the opportunity to make your own mind up on a topic where there's controversy and opposing views AND data from credible sources?

Please don't think that a quick trip to Wikipedia is going to allow you to get to the bottom of things either. You may find the same shenanigans going down over there. I've seen it with my own eyes when a healthy, positive article on a scientist turned toxic just before the tiny little padlock closed on the "edit button" at the top of the article.

"Trust No One" to coin a phrase from The X-Files (especially if they've received funding or a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Oops... I've let slip a personal opinion there).

Future work on "Red Dwarf": Fridge, solar sunroof, radio-controlled clock, interior and exterior dimming mirrors, Alcantara headlining/pillars/rear shelf, rear US outer lights, passenger memory seat, rear electric (lumbar and headrest) heated seats, Servotronic.
2002 A8 D2 S8 FE - "Red Dwarf" - Misano Red - Platinum/Silver Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE and hidden Dension Bluetooth, Multi-changer, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, FE Wheels, Phone Prep with Nokia 6210, Detachable Towbar, Rear Blinds, S8 plate but no other optional extras
1st Place Winner - A8Parts Annual UK Meet 2018
1st Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2018
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2019
2002 A8L D2 with a factory fitted S8 engine and drivetrain - "Evergreen" - Irish Green Pearl (TBC) - magnolia leather seats with magnolia door cards/door trims, magnolia leather head-lining, extended leather pack 3 (dark green leather dash, upper door cards, steering wheel, lower dash, centre tunnel and rear parcel shelf), factory black external trim (in lieu of chrome), self-levelling suspension, Servotronic, Brembo brakes, "gullideckel" / "man-hole cover" / "pie-plate" 8Jx18 polished 10-hole design wheels typically seen on the W12, Park Distance Control, heated windscreen, multifunction steering wheel, Vavona burl (burr-walnut) wood inserts with cream/magnolia door switch trims, phone preparation to the front with Nokia 6091 phone, phone preparation to the rear with Nokia 6091 phone on the central rear console, third phone preparation in the rear centre console, rear blinds, rear headrest release feature, rear electric heated seats with lumbar and recline function (the rear passenger seat has the facility to move the front passenger seat forward), BOSE audio, Rear Screen Entertainment (RSE) with dual factory fitted Alpine screens, integrated DVD player (under the centre of the rear bench with 4 DVD storage slots) and two remote controls (the controls and inputs for the RSE are in the rear centre console and the screens can operate independently of each other,) factory supplied leather headrest covers to hide the rear screens, rear vanity mirrors (standard A8L), dark green rear wedge footrests with cream piping, front passenger memory seat, dark green floor carpeting and mats – piped in cream, rear slumber pillows for the headrests, integrated fridge with integrated tumblers inside the rear centre headrest bar compartment, solar roof, auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors, factory driver’s seat fire extinguisher, tire pressure monitoring system, first aid kit, 12 V socket in the boot, TRACKER, derestricted – top speed is 155mph plus
2007 A6 Allroad C6 3.0TDI Quattro - Highland Green (Audi Exclusive Colour) - Cream leather interior with Wood, Advanced MMI, Keyless, Bose, Advanced PDC, Sunroof, Heated Memory Seats, Adaptive Xenons, Adaptive Air Suspension, Servotronic

Previous (went to good homes):
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - "Big Red" - Tornado Red (Special Order) - Twist Interior, PDC, Passenger Memory Seats, Symphony II with BOSE, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, 20" FE Wheels, Servotronic Steering
2002 A8 D2 2.8 Quattro Sport - Aqua Blue Pearl - Twist Interior, PDC, Sat Nav Plus with BOSE, Multi-changer, Heated Front Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto-dimming Mirrors, Avus Wheels

Last edited by Spanker; 2nd January 2023 at 07:23 AM.