View Single Post
Old 6th January 2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
As an owner, how are people finding the charging experience these days? Reading the regular suspects it appears over xmas demand far exceeded capacity across the network (and because of the supercharger network at motorway services, that seemed to be a particularly featured Tesla phenomenon) with reports of queues of several hours. Obviously if you're travelling at peak times that's the risk you take, but just wondering if 'in the real world' it's not as bad as made out?
Here's a fair summary of my experience Adrian (a straight copy and post of a recent reply on the Tesla Scotland Facebook group to a - new - M3 owner who had a single bad experience at Tebay over the Christmas period):

"I've done a thousand miles over the last 5 days in my Model S, used 8 different superchargers across Scotland and England and didn't have to wait once. So I'd suggest your post reflects a particularly unlucky experience, which is a shame and clearly irritating. In my 7 years and 145k of supercharging I've only very rarely had to wait, and the situation now is immeasurably better than during my first two years of ownership. And would be worse if you drove another EV"

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.