View Single Post
Old 26th February 2023, 09:21 PM

Default Drivers heated seat not working

Hi all

After sorting out all of the bigger more important jobs on the car I am now starting on some of the smaller less important ones. Heated seats are not really my thing but in the interest of getting the car as 100% as possible I think I will take a look at the none working drivers heated seat. To that end I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with?

Please bear in mind that I have not started with the multimeter as yet but I have made some observations and I have taken a look at the wiring diagram.

1 No part of the seat is heating up at all. There are 4 heating elements as far as I can see with them wired in 2 parallel circuits. Even if 1 element has failed I should still get some heating. This suggests to me a problem that is affecting the whole seat? Any thoughts please?

2 The fact that the passenger seat is working perfectly suggests its not a power supply issue as both front seats are fed from the same source. Even the temperature control potentiometers are fed from the same source. I obviously could have a broken wire feeding the drivers seat only but that would be pretty unusual. Once again, any thoughts please?

3 I have swapped the control switches over from side to side and that has made no difference.

4. If this was a seat occupancy issue (which I can't find on the wiring diagram by the way) would that not give me an air bag issue?

5. If all of my (possibly misguided) assumptions are correct then I seem to be looking at a seat temperature sensor issue. I will need get my meter out and do a resistance check to confirm. If it does indeed end up being this, is it possible to replace it?

Thanks for your patience
Frank