View Single Post
Old 7th March 2023, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Is it my eyes, or has someone pushed new pins into the new connector block without wires attached?
I'm not sure what it is. In this picture, you can see where the wires go in are empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Do the wires even need removing? Just put the existing connector in the new shell.
I really don't know. If you think just reusing that existing connector is safe enough to use for the new shell, I'll just put on the new shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Indeed it is. Something got me thinking about that connector in your other thread and your new photo nailed it for me. The entire pig tail has been replaced at some point with two core electrical wire. That might also explain the state of the connections to the pins. On the two airbag connectors on the rear seat, one side has brown and yellow wires (on your other thread where you compare connectors) and the other side (the broken connector) should be brown and white.
Here is a picture of the other side connector. I think the reason for the different color wire is because the oxblood back-rest is from a 2003 car and my car is a 2001.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230307_163218.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	29372   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230307_161740.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	29373  

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.