View Single Post
Old 11th March 2023, 07:54 PM

Evening gentlemen, hope we are all having a good weekend.

So I bought the four calipers, discs, backings and abs unit for £2000 and then I’ve had to pay £500 for the replacement disc.

I have noticed that Rebrake and Redisc both offer services to recondition discs, at around £1600 per disc. I don’t think they could necessarily sort out my damaged one though as it’s pretty heavily gouged in the middle. So I’m going to run the discs and see what they’re like. Later, if needed, I’m prepared to send them away to be fettled.

My thinking - could be totally wrong - is that I think it’s pretty unlikely that the rears will have been put under any significant load with the D3 S8 being all nose. Also, since we have speed limits here I can’t see the brakes having being exposed to too many 150mph stops, and I don’t expect an S8 to have too many track miles under its belt either, which is where CCB’s are known to wear significantly faster than one would like. So hopefully they should be in reasonable shape - they certainly look it. Obviously I haven’t received the fourth disc yet but that’s reputed to be very low mileage.

It would be great to get the info on wear checking, so I can verify the position before we begin.

I’ve obtained some forged wheels too which when combined with these brakes should lower the unsprung and rotating mass nicely…