View Single Post
Old 15th March 2023, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
That is interesting thank you My 03 Allroad has 5.3 with the external pump and has awful brakes compared to my 03 A6 which has 5.something without the pump and has excellent brakes. It never occurred to me that the external pump could cause that. Tbh I suspected the single vs dual servo.

So, next question: what interaction does the cluster have with the ABS that requires changing to the C5 one? I thought it only talked to the ECU/TCU, other than warning lights?

Your English is fine, no worries I appreciate you indulging my curiosity.
So high pressure from MC going to this external pump which have one non return valve-which make internal bleeding and return fluid directly to tank. This idea is laying to me for more than 10 years, im not having D2 anymore.

About warning lights- is not solution to have christmass tree on dash. At this scenario not have ABS-ESP and etc. This can be done with bypass external pump. But for me is not solution.
So to work everything perfectly is need to be changed ECU from A6/S6 4.2, TCU/if have AT/, and of course instrument cluster to work correctly ABS. To be detailed cluster is needed only for correct reading of speed for ABS.