View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2023, 05:00 PM

I’m happy to say it’s fixed.

So, originally the oem multi changer was registered as media player 2. Noting there was no “Media Player 1” - I don’t really know why that was the case.

After adding the Mr12Volt box between the Control Head box under the dash and the OEM CD player an unknown “Media player 01” appeared in the vcds scan and that had an error as well as the control head having an error too.

Today, I went to the control head and used the long coding helper to add a registration for Media Player 01 by just ticking the box for that player. And like magic, the errors vanished from both the media player 01 and the control head. Now of course, if you try to actually open the Media player 01 with vcds it sits there and reports that it can’t - which of course it can’t, it’s the Mr12Volt box - but just having the registration on there is enough to restore the clean scan.

Now, I don’t know what you’d do if you had added it after the CS changer, or, if Matty is right and the order of insertion physically doesn’t matter, but I guess you’d either do what I did, or, register it as “media player 03”

Hope this helps.

PS Mr12Volt thing is amazing, really impressed.