View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2023, 02:58 PM

Audi A8 D3 3.7 petrol, 2003

My microphone has stopped working since changing my analogue radio module (the old one failed and took out the MOST bus)

I think the microphone is working because I see variations in signal if I graph group 19 in Telephone Module (77) and then tap the roof console (I don't know where the microphone is!)

Now, my old analogue radio didn't have a voice module but some steering wheel voice commands appeared to work - but I didn't really use them.

The replacement analogue radio does have a voice module plugged in to it but group 67 is saying it has component protection. Pressing voice command button on steering wheel shows a message about "But. not used".

My coding is: Address 07 Coding 0000002 and Address 77 was 0010900 but I changed this to 0010920 but it didn't make any difference,

Is it the voice control module that is preventing my microphone from getting through? Can I just remove it from the analogue radio and set my coding back to 0010900? I don't think i want to pay Audi £100 to get component protection removed.TIA
2003 A8 D3 V8 3.7l petrol - retro fit audi handsfree bluetooth, DAB Radio, Digital TV, fully populated aerial amp, metal capped window and handbrake switches, brushed metal dash trim and switches, graphic parking sensor display