View Single Post
Old 8th June 2023, 08:58 PM

Default Some new buyer niggles….

So as some of you may know I’m now a fairly happy owner of a d4 to replace my beloved, but written off, d3 (rip)

However, I’ve had a few issues, some of which are ongoing, but the dealers been great so far in trying to get things resolved.

1/ regularly drops into limp mode - this now seems to have been resolved with a new turbo (under 80k miles)

2/ air con pump, error flagged in vcds

3/ auto stop start, error in vcds and I’ve been experiencing regular issues when trying to use. Ie getting stranded at a busy junction, having to totally ‘reboot’ the car

4/ suspension - no errors but it feels every bump n ripple in roads you could imagine - nothing like as comfy or smooth as my d3

5/ phone antenna

6/ lighting to rear n/s door

The dealer doesn’t have their own mechs but use someone else who I’ve not been enthused by…. They’ve not managed to resolve any of these issues other than the turbo one, apparently they can’t find faults

Yet, every time I scan they appear so there’s something there to investigate….

Any how’s, thought I’d share with you, including one of the early scans pre turbo being resolved, to see if anyone had any knowledgeable input to share on any of the errors

I’ve agreed with the dealer to take it to my local Indy for investigations so will hopefully get to bottom of things

Tia for any input
1990 2.3 20v 7a Coupe Quattro

**SOLD** 1996 2.6 v6 cabriolet, Isis red metallic
**DEAD ** 2009 D3, 3.0tdi sport, black

Had a few Audis over the years, mostly early stuff, newest was a D3 prior to my D4, nothing much kept me smitten with other marques so I floated about a bit from one thing to another until that four ring lure caught hold