View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2023, 06:41 PM

I still visit here fairly frequently to check in

The person who bought ‘my’ S8 is a member here, but doesn’t post much. The last I heard (which I think was on Facebook) either he or his Mrs had clattered the cats on a speed bump, unfortunately. I believe was looking for replacements, but at that point I don’t know if he’d had a look to see if they could be repaired

The nice thing about the replacements was that they were metal rather than ceramic, so there was a chance they could be repaired

Given OEM replacements are NLA (they claimed to be when I looked into this) I’d defo go refurb route over anything aftermarket that’s not going to necessarily fit that well. The quality of aftermarket cats is generally dreadful in the uk (I used to work in vehicle emissions legislation, so speaking from experience!)

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC