View Single Post
Old 18th April 2024, 02:28 PM

I know this is an old thread but I can't immediately spot a newer more relevant one.
Just been playing the "game" today, having been away and only having under a week to go I know my options will be limited, but......

My renewal quote is 31% up on last year which seems outrageous, so I called in to "see what they (Privilege) could do". Nothing was the answer, unless I had a competing quote.

So then I did the "Go compare dance" and scrutinised the options. Followed one in some detail onto their web site as it was reputable and seemed to be equivalent - Admiral Gold. That was about 5% more than my last years premium; given inflation not bad. I could have gone lower but I didn't see the point.

Called in again, told Privilege what I'd found and that I thought the competing quote was at least as good cover, better in some areas, specifying exactly which company and cover type and the price. It took about 2 minutes for them to come back with a better offer, not needing any finessing of excesses or any other changes.
Their price was now just £10 more than Admiral which I decided I might as well accept. Overall about a 7.5% increase over last year. Acceptable I guess.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!