View Single Post
Old 18th April 2024, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I know this is an old thread but I can't immediately spot a newer more relevant one.
Just been playing the "game" today, having been away and only having under a week to go I know my options will be limited, but......

My renewal quote is 31% up on last year which seems outrageous, so I called in to "see what they (Privilege) could do". Nothing was the answer, unless I had a competing quote.
My M5, the renewal in January was £2500 compared to £700 ish the previous year, shopped around and bought for £900 ish with Hastings Direct - I had one windscreen claim, first of any kind of claim for decades, but the increase is outrageous

The M340d is due next month, renewal quote today is cheapest quote I've had for it, £552 up from £473, that's a win after all the other daft quote of £800 plus, no claims, well done Aviva

Quoted the S8 today as almost ready to go back on road - down to £300 ish from around £500 previously, albeit not going with an agreed value policy this time, it was a waste of time - will be going with Admiral

PS I'd have told Privilege to get stuffed and voted with my feet, as i did to Swiftcover on the M5, as well as opening a complaint - got nowhere, but made them spend money and resource on it
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Last edited by sarg; 18th April 2024 at 09:36 PM.